Itinerary & Entry
DETAILED ITINERARY & ENTRY INFORMATION
November 17th – Registration opens at a location in Negombo Beach, TBA – (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negombo). In the evening an informal gathering for all participants will be arranged to meet each other and the organising team.
November 18th – All riders meet at the registration venue for transfer to the airport and a domestic flight to Matalla. Coach transfer to Kuda Oya. Afternoon/evening to set up bikes, and activities with the villager community.
November 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd – “Rumble in the Jungle” – See stage details
November 22nd – Over night in Kandy with time to visit many of the places of interest in this historic city.
November 23rd – Transfer to Negombo Beach for closing ceremony, prize giving and the inaugural Rumble in the Jungle beach party, with live music, DJs and lots of fun!
Entry Fee – USD 1’895 per person.
Included in entry fee –
- Domestic flight Colombo – Mattalla;
- Transfer of all belongings between each stage;
- All accommodation on twin share basis – November 18th to 23rd inclusive;
- Set breakfast and evening meal 18th to 22nd inclusive;
- Full race support including medics, bike mechanics (services to be paid for if required), fully equipped and manned water/feed stations, bike wash facilities;
- Transfer from Kandy to Negombo;
- Beach party and post-race celebration / prize giving ceremony in Negombo;
- Prize money in excess of US $20,000;
- Finishers t-shirts, medals and certificates.
Not included in entry fee –
- International flights
- Equipment- including bike, helmet, clothing etc;
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages;
- Private medical services or treatment, emergency medical treatment and emergency evacuation fee;
- Entry visas or immigration services.
NB: all competitors shall be required to sign a personal liability waiver in order to participate in the race.